- The Risk officer role forms a key part of our Risk and Compliance team. The role is a mix of working in our Leeds office along with some home working. The ideal candidate should have notable experience of Risk assessment and analysis, our preference is that you will have a background of working in the payments, banking or wider financial services sector Practical working knowledge of Visa and Mastercard rules is an advantage, as is knowledge and experience of Money Laundering Regulation. Risk and Card Scheme compliance is a key aspect of the role as well as being able to demonstrate an aptitude for putting these into practice by performing merchant screening, due diligence, financial crime monitoring along with other Risk, Fraud and Compliance duties.
Key Role Requirements
- Risk assessments of new and existing merchants using set standards along with own initiative to identify potential risks.
- Assess merchant’s financial health and business risk, including fraud, credit, financial, compliance, regulatory and reputational risk
- Perform due diligence checks at all times and identify suspicious activity, reporting these where required
- Monitor and audit merchant activity on an ongoing basis and mitigate risk as needed
- Completing first and second line monitoring in line with company policies
- Chargeback reporting and fraud monitoring; analysis and reporting of what these demonstrate, including related administration
- Undertaking website reviews, application assessments, credit risk underwriting and management along with legislation reviews
- Horizon scanning and thematic reviews as required from time to time
- Using third party tools and services to assist in tasks such as website monitoring, identity checks, online searches etc
- Producing and developing internal processes and reports as required by the business
- Support the team to ensure that performance standards and business objectives are met
- Acting with Skill care and diligence when dealing with third parties.
- Maintaining the Risk and Compliance Culture along with other key business relationships.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Understanding and experience of working with the Card Scheme Rules
- Detail oriented, deadline driven, self-directed and organised individual
- Must have excellent communicational skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and gap analysis skills
- Proven ability to excel in a multi-tasking environment
- Positive, ambitious, willing to learn and develop skillsets
- Innovative mindset with the ability to develop ideas, seeking ways to add value to the Risk and Compliance team and the wider Business in general
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Have an inquisitive and investigative nature with a general characteristic of someone who does not necessarily accept everything at face value
If you’re interested in applying, send us an email with your CV to email@example.com