We are Nochex and we operate a payment system.
We are Nochex Ltd; we are a solely UK based company and we operate a payment system. We operate in the electronic money sector and manage electronic money accounts and payments. In line with our role as a financial services business we take our obligation for the security of all data extremely seriously.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
From 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is enforceable across Europe, including the UK. The law aims to give people more control over their data and to create a standard set of rules to enforce across the continent.
Nochex takes its responsibilities as a data processor very seriously and is fully compliant with all relevant legislation including GDPR.
Any information you provide to us will only be stored and disclosed in accordance with UK Data Protection Laws.
If you use our service to make a payment we will normally ask you for your personal details and card details to enable us to process the payment.
If you use our service to make a payment we will store your personal information in order to provide and maintain our service. By law and for regulatory purposes we must retain your personal information for a period of time after the transaction has concluded. Any personal information that is stored by us will be held in encrypted form on our secure servers. We will not store your card number after the transaction has concluded.
We collect such information as:
- Your contact information including name, address, email address and telephone number.
- Your transaction history.
- Your payment details including debit or credit card details. However, no card numbers are saved on our system.
- Your device Internet Protocol (IP) address.
In order to provide you with our service, we have to share some of your personal information with external organisations. Such organisations may include the merchant to which you make a payment, banks, fraud prevention agencies, card processing, and card verification services. Unless required by law, these organisations may not use your information for secondary purposes other than those associated with processing card transactions.
Due to legal and regulatory requirements we retain all data relating to your transaction (including personal information) for a minimum period of 6 years from the time of your transaction. After this period of time your personal information will be destroyed.
Electronic Money Account.
To open an electronic money account (for example, our Merchant Account, UK Trader Account, Seller Account, or Standard Account) with our payment system you must tell us about your business along with a number of personal details such as your name, address, email address and date of birth. For security reasons, you must also submit a password and answer security questions.
If you use our service for an electronic money account we use your personal information to help provide our service to you and to manage and maintain your account. In addition we may also check your personal information against records held with the credit agency TransUnion (formerly Callcredit). A copy of the TransUnion Bureau Privacy Notice can be found on this link: https://www.callcredit.co.uk/legal-information/bureau-privacy-notice.
We collect such information as:
- Your merchant account application.
- Contact information including name, address, email address, business details, email address, telephone number, and IP address.
- Bank account data for transferring funds to your registered bank account.
We make every effort to preserve your privacy however from time to time we may be obliged to disclose personal information as required by UK law (for example to law enforcement). Otherwise, under no circumstances will data you provide to us be transmitted in any way to a third party without your consent.
You have the following rights:
- To be informed about how we use your personal data (the purpose of this Privacy Notice).
- To update your personal data. You can update or change your information by visiting the “Edit Details” section of your control panel.
- To ask us to delete your personal data. However, there may be circumstances where we are legally obliged to retain it.
- To get a free copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us) is available in a machine-readable format if required.
- To object to the processing of your data and have it restricted. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict the processing of your information, but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- To exercise any of your rights, you will need to contact our support team on email@example.com.
If you have an electronic money account with us you can update your account information in the personal details section of your control panel. Due to legal and regulatory requirements we have to retain all account data (including personal information) for a minimum period of 6 years from the time your account is terminated. After this period of time your account data and personal information will be destroyed.
We may collect aggregated statistical information for purposes of improving our payment system service and your experience. This data does not contain personally identifying information, such as your name or email address.
This allows us to tailor the service to your preferences. You are not obliged to accept a cookie and you may modify your browser so it will not accept cookies. If you do not want to accept cookies please use the help tools provided with your internet browser to find out how to achieve this.
Certain non-personal information about users is recorded by the standard operation of our internet servers. Examples of this include the type of browsers being used, its operating system and the domain names (not e-mail addresses) of users.
Because we use privacy neutral cookies we do not seek to obtain consent from users for any cookies used on our website.
Our site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those external websites. We recommend to all users of our service to be aware when they leave our site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects personal data. This privacy statement applies solely to data collected by our website and our payment system service.